AARC’s New Patient Guide for Aerosol Delivery
The AARC has great educational resource called “A Patient’s Guide to Aerosol Drug Delivery” to help our respiratory patients understand today’s confusing world of aerosol drug delivery.The growing number of aerosol medications and devices coming to market over the past few years has been great for offering various methods of delivering aerosols, but it has also added layers of complexity to educating patients on how to take these medications. As respiratory care professionals, it is vitally important we help our patients learn everything about using their aerosol devices effectively so they can keep their symptoms under control and breathe easier.
This guide, recommended by respiratory care professionals and patients alike, offers clear and simple tips for respiratory patients, as well as provides several diagrams showing how to take aerosol medications correctly.Please be sure to share this guide with your patients to help them improve their quality of life.
American Lung Association
- The mission of the American Lung Association is to prevent lung disease and promote lung health.
Breathing Better, Living Well
- A source for information about COPD and other chronic lung diseases as well as stories, articles, resources and a community of understanding friends to help you take control of your breathing and live a full life.
- Support and advocacy group for patients, caregivers, and medical professionals. Provides information about the disease and valuable links.
- Its mission is to develop and support programs, which improve the quality of life for persons whose lives are impacted by Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
COPD Learn More Breathe Better
- The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) has developed a national campaign - Learn More Breathe Better - to increase awareness and understanding of COPD and its risk factors and to underscore the benefits of early detection and treatment in slowing the disease and improving the quality of life.
- A nonprofit organization dedicated to the support of individuals who suffer with Emphysema, a Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Its members are committed to the goals of the organization.
- Working to improve the quality of life of those who have emphysema, asthma, and related diseases through education, research and direct patient care.
It Has a Name: COPD
- Lot's of information about the management of and the awareness of COPD- Great Resource Site!
Pulmonary Pathology Index
- All the terms you need to know, and some you don't for the Pulmonary System