- A Social Network of Transplant Buddies
Donate Life America
- More information about donating the gift of life
Second Wind Lung Transplant Association
- Pre and post lung transplant support
Second Wind of St. Louis, Missouri
- St. Louis chapter of the Second Wind Lung Transplant Association. Provides support and information about lung transplant
Transplant Recipients International Organization (TRIO)
- Transplantation and organ donation information and resources for transplant candidates, recipients, donors, and their families
United Network for Organ Sharing
- The UNOS Organ Center is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year, to facilitate organ sharing among transplant centers, organ procurement organizations and histocompatibility laboratories across the U.S.
- UNOS provides patient education resources free of charge on their website. You can also view a pdf of each of the resources below by clicking on the title below. To order these and other educational resources free of charge, please click here.
Partnering with Your Transplant Team: The Patients Guide to Transplantation
A valuable 106 page booklet in English that includes topics such as waiting for a transplant, sources of financial support, transplant resources and more. View PDF.
Questions and Answers for Transplant Candidates about Liver Allocation Policy
Explains how the Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) and Pediatric End-Stage Liver Disease (PELD) numerical scales are used for liver allocation. View PDF.
Questions and Answers for Transplant Candidates about Lung Allocation Policy
Easy-to-read information for transplant candidates about lung allocation policy. View PDF.
Questions and Answers for Transplant Candidates about Multiple Listing and Waiting Time Transfer
Information for transplant candidates who want to list at multiple centers. View PDF.
What Every Kid Needs to Know about Organ Transplants
This booklet contains information to make the transplant process easier to understand for elementary-age children in need of an organ transplant. View PDF.
What Every Patient Needs to Know
This 52-page booklet is designed to help patients and their families through the organ transplant process. It provides information about preparing for a transplant, financial strategy, living donation, the transplant process and life after transplant. View PDF.