MIAMI, Feb. 26th, 2019 - The 7th Alpha-1 Global Patient Congress and 4th International Research Conference on Alpha-1 Antitrypsin will be held April 3-6, at the Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Hotel in Dubrovnik, Croatia. Patient leaders, physicians and scientists from around the world will come together to discuss the latest developments in patient advocacy, clinical care and Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha-1) research.
With a rich history of international collaboration, the Foundation is committed to Alphas worldwide and is proud to host representatives from 32 countries. Through the dedication of the Conference Planning Committee, we are looking forward to another outstanding event. The commitment to the mission drives the Alpha-1 Global program each day, to increase awareness, detection, and access to care for Alphas around the world.
“The recent changes in the Alpha-1 Global program offers me the opportunity to reshape our outreach to the entire Alpha-1 community, globally. Our strategic alliances are strong and will be reaffirmed in Dubrovnik, Croatia, at our International Scientific Conference and concurrent International Patient Congress. I would like to extend my gratitude to the Internal Conference Planning Committee, Richard Lovrich, who will be our emcee, and the Foundation’s hardworking staff and volunteers,” expressed Miriam O’Day, president and CEO of the Alpha-1 Foundation.
“These events will be the first international meetings I have attended since our meeting in Barcelona, in 2013. This is an exciting opportunity to be able to collaborate and strategize about the future of the Global program in my new role as president and CEO,” she added.
The 2019 meeting will begin with the 4th International Research Conference on Wednesday and Thursday, April 3-4. The Research Conference theme titled “Beyond Folding: Disease Progression and Therapeutic Options” is chaired by Professor Rob Stockley from University Hospitals Birmingham, United Kingdom.
The program agenda for the 4th International Research Conference is available to view here.
We will continue with representatives from 32 countries at the Global Patient Congress with a welcome reception and networking dinner where Alpha-1 patients, physicians and researchers can interact on Thursday, April 4th. The patient congress will continue Friday and Saturday, April 5-6.
The program agenda for the 7th Alpha-1 Global Patient Congress is available to view here.
A special thank you to our outstanding Global Conference Planning Committee and Global Advisory Committee:
- Cristina Barbiero, National Association Alfa-1 AT Italy, EU Advocacy Working Group, Italy
- Jim Clarke, Alpha-1 Association New Zealand Co-Leader Alpha-1 Support Group, New Zealand,
- Shane Fitch, Lovexair Foundation - President, Spain
- Elena Goyanes, Alpha-1 Association Spain, EU Advocacy Working Group, Spain
- Karen O'Hara, Alpha-1 UK Support Group - ERN - Lung, EARCO, UK
- Carlos Cambon, Alpha-1 Association Argentina, Argentina
- Martina Cambon, Alpha-1 Association Argentina, Argentina
- Frank Willersinn, MD, Alpha-1 Plus, Belgium
- Marion Bouchecareilh, University of Bordeaux, Alpha-1 Liver Research, France
- Robert Durlik, Alpha-1 Poland, Founder, Poland
- Robert Kroesen, Patient Representative, Panama
- Tim Frost, AlphaNet Board Member, USA
Global Advisory Committee:
- Jeanine D’Armiento, MD, PhD, Alpha-1 Foundation – Chair, USA
- Robert Sandhaus, MD, PhD, FCCP, Alpha-1 Foundation Medical Director, USA
- Robert Stockley, MD, Director Lung Immuno Biochemical Research Laboratory, UK
- Adam Wanner, MD, Alpha-1 Foundation Scientific Director, USA
The Alpha-1 Foundation graciously thanks the 2019 Alpha-1 Global Patient Congress and Research Conference Sponsors. Presenting Sponsors: AlphaNet, CSL Behring and Grifols. Gold Sponsors: Arrowhead, Kamada and Vertex. Bronze Sponsors: Dicerna and Mereo BioPharma.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY
For additional information on the upcoming events, please contact Randel Plant, global programs manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-228-7321 ext. 306.
For hotel and travel arrangements, please contact Adriana De Arce, manager of scientific events, email@example.com or 877-228-7321 ext. 269.